Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Thought: Reminiscense

After the practice today, I called Sei-chan to the corner of the dojo and corrected his Suri-ashi and Suburi.  During the warm-ups and keiko, I've noticed that certain things about his kendo needed to be corrected.  

(Usually, I would not correct others (lower ranks) b/c I feel that I myself do not even do things correctly.  (Many bad habits I have...)  But, after I got my 3-dan, for some reason, may be b/c I now feel more responsible or confident in certain things, I see myself more active in giving advices to the lower ranks in very basic things that I know for sure.)

While teaching Sei-chan, I remembered myself many many years ago when Jae Choi Sensei taught me how to do things correctly after the practice.  In my memory (back when I was young and was a beginner), he didn't say much but would quietly explain things and let me try it until I got it right.

Today, I thought that, 'Maybe, this is how he must've felt...'

Of course, I said lot more and couldn't explain things very well.  But, I hoped that Sei-chan would become a good kenshi when he grows up.

No comments: