Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lesson: Ki-Ken-Tai Itchi

After the practice, when I asked Yamaguchi Sensei what I should work on (cuz I did keiko with him), he told me to look up the term "Ki-Ken-Tai Itchi):

"ki-ken-tai-itchi (n.)
A term which expresses an important element in moving for offense and defense; it is mainly used in teaching striking moves.  'Ki' is spirit, 'Ken' refers to the handling of the shinai, and 'Tai' refers to body movements and posture.  When these three elements harmonize and function together with correct timing, they create the conditions for a valid strike."

I should ponder upon this... 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

No updates in a while! What's up with that?

JKP said...

Desmond Senpai! Sorry about the long absence of the blog. I'll try to update from now on! Thanks for your input!!