Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Science of Fear: Part I

Wow! It's been such a long time since I wrote my last blog entry.

On this Wed. practice, Jae Choi Sensei came and practiced w/ us. (I didn't practice but only observed)

After the practice, Desmond Senpai called on me and said that (knowing my Kendo and some areas that I struggle w/) I should watch and learn from Jae Choi Sensei's Kendo. He explained that one of my problems in Kendo is that I hesitate alot. But, he said that Jae Choi Sensei seems that he never hesitate and only focuses on going for his target. Desmond Senpai said that it's as if J. Choi Sensei doesn't even care about getting hit or failing his attempt to attack.

D. Senpai said that when he observed my Kendo, he feels that I hesitate alot b/c I think alot. So, observing J. Choi Sensei's Kendo would help me.

I took that advice to my heart, especially now that J. Choi Sensei will come to the practice more often!


No comments: