Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Science of Fear: Part III

One advice from Desmond Senpai was to watch Jae Choi Sensei b/c "he doesn't seem to care whether he gets hit or not but he only focuses on making his attack."

I would interpret this as that Jae Choi Sensei's mind is only focused on making that perfect attack that nothing else matters. If your mind is only filled w/ (occupied w/) making the perfect attack, other thoughts/desires will diminish.

He may lose, get hit, or his attack may be unsuccessful. But, to him, that will not matter b/c, until he makes that perfect attack. His mind will not cease nor be hindered from making that perfect attack. Every single thought or his instincts are solely focused on making that perfect kendo attack (proper and valid), that nothing else would matter.

That means, one solution to fear would be: FOCUS.

Then, my next question would be..'What do I focus on?'

P.s. I tried to interpret D. Senpai's advice and analyze J. Sensei's thought process in my own terms. This is solely my own analysis and maybe differ from their true intentions/thoughts.

No comments: