Thursday, April 19, 2007

Next Step 2

After the practice, I expressed my frustration to Spammy that I cannot be natural in keiko because I constantly think about what I should do or what I should not do.

He said that my mind can do only one thing at a time.
So, if I start thinking different things at the same time, my mind becomes unnatural and does not flow smoothly.
(He compared it to a rock swinging around that is attached to a string. If it is constantly swinging, it's smooth and natural and has no openings and can attack any time. But, if it stops --thus falls---here and there, it constantly opens and cannot effectively attack anytime)

I must be constantly smooth, constantly see the openings and constantly be able to attack. But, if my mind if occupied with this and that (many things and concerns), it stops me.
For me to be natural in my techniques (thus my whole body and mind be free and natural), I must practice those techniques so make it to become my second nature, thus I should not think about it but be natural.

Many practices of basics and Yakusoku keiko is the key (Spammy said).

No comments: