Thursday, June 14, 2007

Improvement

Today, SPC, UG, KN, and SHRKU sensei all showed positive impression about my kendo.
I could imply that my kendo has improved a little bit.
(though many things to correct)

I had a little chat w/ Mr. Yang after the practice.
He said that I practice hard these days and that I have been improving (and few of my problems have gotten better). That comment and the impression I got from the senseis were all good encouragement to me.

What I learned so far is that:
1. Attend practice consistently . Do practice at home everyday.
2. Give the best while practicing.
3. Be humble, Suppress your frustration and take the advice and learn it.
4. Constantly monitor your Kendo by asking people. Be open to any comments and advice, and work on it. Don't just go home after the practice. There's so many things that I learned from by simply seeking comments about my Kendo after the practice.
5. Do it right, do it slow, do it many. I have life time to learn Kendo.
6. Points are not important (except on the day of the shiyai). Good, Correct, Proper Kendo is very important.

Lastly... very fortunate to be a CMKD member. I'm very proud to have learned Kendo here and met all the senseis, senpais (and senpais who later became my senseis), and all the kenshis who are equal and below my rank.
(I know that this is how all kenshis feel about their dojo as well)

No comments: