Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Ways to Improve Stamina for Kendo Practice

(This posting is in connection w/ my comment on the blog right below this)

(Ironically) Today, after the basic practice, we did several sessions of Kakari-Keiko.
I held myself pretty well, but after about 4-5 sessions (I believe--seriously, I couldn't even remember how many), I started to feel nauseated and felt like throwing up.

I held it as much as I could, but I just couldn't keep it up. So, I excused myself, took off my Men, then ran to the restroom. (While I was taking off my Men hurriedly, UG called it the last one. Man! I wanted to finish that one off, too! ;p)

When I put my head on the toilet, I had a big burb (;p), then I felt little better.
I washed my mouth, then came back to the practice.

However, after 1 keiko, I felt sick again. So, I went back to the restroom. This time, I threw up a bit. (I won't go into details) I came back, then did Keiko again. UG asked me how I was, and I said that I felt little better after throwing up.

After that, I had a good practice today.

I thought about why I threw up today. This was second time I threw up during Kendo practice.
The first time was back when I was in college, when I went to Chuo Dojo (L.A.). It was the first time in a while because I had not been practicing for a long time AND I ate right before the practice.

But this time, I've been practicing regularly.
The reason could be most likely that my daily cycle is all messed up.
I sleep very late at night (like 4 a.m.) and get up at noon or later, my body is all messed up. Plus, I eat heavily at like 2 a.m. in the morning, too.

I'm constantly tired and stressed out (from studying), and I sleep late and eat late.

All these had weaken by body.

Even with regular practice, bad daily cycle and irregular eating habit can lead to weak body, which then can lead to decreased stamina.
Solution: Regular sleep, regular meal (healthy meal), and good rest.

p.s. Man! I wonder how UG could have Kendo practice after the whole night of drinking...
I guess some people are born with healthy body. As for me, I must work on it.

No comments: