Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lesson: Seigan No Kamae (a.k.a. Chudan No Kamae)

Recently, I have been learning Seigan No Kamae (a.k.a. Chudan No Kamae) from Takahashi Sensei.  (He has been teaching this to me for quite awhile, but for some reason, I started really thinking about it recently)

During the keiko w/ Takahashi Sensei, it's always been that his Kamae is so good that I could never accomplish my attacks.  When I asked him what to do, he said that I should always have a good Seigan No Kamae.  If I have a good Kamae, that becomes both the starting point of attack and defense.  

I don't think I have fully mastered this, so I'll try to work on it but will write more about it in the future.  But, today, during the keiko w/ Richard R., I applied the Seigan No Kamae blocks and it worked most of the times.

No comments: