Friday, March 23, 2007

Spammy, Spc, YMGC sensei

I read Spammy's blog today, and it mentioned 2 people that I admire the most in kendo.
(Aside from Spammy)

I thought it would be worth copying and mentioning in my blog:

"But of all the Kendo I've experienced, there are two people whose Kendo I admire most of all: Gooch and Spanky.

I suppose it doesn't matter why I appreciate their Kendo as I do. It's all subjective, but I'll state my reasons anyway:
  • Despite their differences in style, strength, and speed, they both strike with honesty, a quality that is hard for me to articulate, and more easily experienced.
  • I like how they look as they are performing Kendo.
  • Despite everyone having ego, I never feel it from them in an arrogant manner."
I want to know how I can be like them.

Additionally, I like Spammy's kendo because:
1. His kendo is proper yet strong and fast (I should say good timing).
2. His kendo is clean and no unnecessary movements.
3. He has understandable reasons (if not, good explanations) for every movement and technique, and he has made them to be his own. Further, he explains them to me in understandable manner.

I haven't had much experience with other senseis or kenshis, but I guess, knowing Spammy, it is safe to say that I admire Spammy, Spc, and YMGC sensei the most in kendo.

No comments: