Thursday, May 24, 2007

More things to work on

1. Too much strength on my right hand when doing Kirikaeshi.
KN Sensei mentioned that when I do Kirikaeshi, there's too much power in my right hand, so that's why my Shinai slips off. He said that I should relax both my arms and squeeze both arms right at the impact.

2. I wabble my Shinai after striking.
TKHSH Sensei said that I should straignten my Shinai after striking and should not wabble it.

3. I raise my Shinai too high after striking.
HSKW Sensei said both my arms should extend out stright forward. He said my arms and Shinai are too high after striking.

4. Stompping
My right foot heel hurts alot. I asked SHRKU Sensei yesterday of how to do the stomping correctly. He showed me that I should do it with the ball of my foot. I discussed this w/ Richard and concluded that I should not think about it but just put my whole body into the attack.
I should practice on this cuz I think I'm doing it wrong.

No comments: