Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Summaries

The followings are certain things (from the lessons from the past) that I worked on today:

1. Stepping in as if you're stepping on your opponent's toe.
I've learned this before from various senseis in CMKD, and SPC recently reinforced this to me.
I tried this more and more recently, and this makes sense. Really...learning doesn't happen one night (ah....YMGCH sensei, SPC, and Spammy said this too!!).
When I tried this during the basic practice (especially when we do One Step Men), I consciously try this technique and it really does feel different.
If I may have to add something, you have to feel comfortable with your opponent. I tell myself that I'm feeling comfortable with whoever's standing in front of me and that I can run into him as far as I could to step his toe. Then, I go in with my full strength.

2. One clean slate at a time (in keiko when you're exhausted).
During the Ippon-Shobu keiko with Mr. Yang today, we both had reached the point of exhaustion because both wouldn't give up. I was so drained that I just wanted to let loose my guard. However, I remembered the lesson that I that I should take it one at a time and give my best in each one of them. (Spammy, Eiga video, etc.)
So, in each of the kamae (after either of us' attack was invalid), I thought of it as a new keiko. And during the attack, I tried to give my full effort into it. I lasted longer than usual (but I still lost ---- probably because of the fear thing explained below).

No comments: